Covid 19 Update/Shift in Learning Models
We are very excited to welcome our students back to full time, in-person learning as it has been nearly one year since students have been all “in person” with their middle school and high school classmates. Students in grades 5-6 and grades 9 and 12 will return to this model on Monday, February 22nd. Students in grades 7-8 and grades 10-11 will return on Monday, March 8th.
Updates to Safe Learning Plan
Our district administration continues to monitor multiple pieces of data to determine our current learning model. The data is in alignment with the Safe Learning Plan. To review current data, please review WM Covid-19 Dashboard / Homepage.
- Student and Staff Covid-19 Case Rate Numbers
- Carver County 14-day Covid-19 Case Rate Numbers
- Mayer and Watertown Community Case Rate Numbers
- Substitute Staff Numbers
- Student and Safety Protocols
The following of our students and staff remain our priority. Please help us keep students in school by following state guidelines and continue to implement the recommendations from the MN Department of Health.
- Wear a face covering when outside your home.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from persons not in your household, if possible.
- Protect yourself and others by washing your hands often with soap and water, cover your cough or sneeze and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Frequently clean all commonly touched surfaces.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- We are very excited to bring all of our PreK-12 grade students and staff back to school on March 8th. We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding as we switch learning models. Your support of WM Schools is appreciated and valued!
Together in Education,