Covid 19 Update/Shift in Learning Models
On January 19th, WM K-4 students will return to in-person learning and students in grades 5-12 will return to hybrid learning. Our WM administrative team met with our Regional Support Team on January 8th. That meeting was in collaboration with representatives from MN Department of Education (MDE), MN Department of Health (MDH) and Carver County Health Officials. Below is our approved Learning Model Changes:
January 18th- No School for all students PreK-12
January 19th- Students in K-4 will begin in-person learning
January 19th- Students in 5-12 will begin hybrid learning
Students who have elected distance learning by choice will not be impacted by this announcement.
Updates to Safe Learning Plan
Our district administration analyzed multiple pieces of data to determine a return to school (please see below). The data is in alignment with the Safe Learning Plan. To review current data, please review WM Covid-19 Dashboard / Homepage.
- Student and Staff Covid-19 Case Rate Numbers
- Carver County 14-day Covid-19 Case Rate Numbers
- Mayer and Watertown Community Case Rate Numbers
- Substitute Staff Numbers
Student and Safety Protocols
The following of our students and staff remain our priority. Please help us keep students in school by following state guidelines and continue to implement the recommendations from the MN Department of Health.
- Wear a face covering when outside your home.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from persons not in your household, if possible.
- Protect yourself and others by washing your hands often with soap and water, cover your cough or sneeze and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Frequently clean all commonly touched surfaces.
- If you are stick, stay home.
We are very excited to bring our students and staff back to school on January 19th. We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding as we switch learning models. Your support of WM Schools is appreciated and valued!
Together in Education,