Wolf Ridge is an environmental camp located along the North Shore of Minnesota. Typically, sixth-grade students attend a week-long trip where learning activities address the following skills:
- Fostering awareness, curiosity, and sensitivity to the natural world
- Providing lifelong learning experiences in nature
- Developing social understanding, respect, and cooperation
- Modeling values, behaviors, and technologies which lead to a sustainable lifestyle
- Promoting the concepts of conservation and stewardship
This year, both the sixth- and seventh-grades will attend the field trip because it was canceled last year due to COVID 19. The seventh-grade will go January 17-21, and the sixth-grade will go February 7-11. Students arrive at the school by 5:45 a.m. on Monday morning and are picked up by 5:00 p.m. on Friday evening.
The cost of the trip will be ∼$290. Students are able to fundraise by selling candy during the months of October-December, 2021. Candy bar boxes are available in October. Online Sales are available November-December. Checks can be written out to ISD 111. If you would like to sponsor a child who is unable to afford to go, you can also send a payment to the middle school office.
Please make sure your child has the necessary supplies listed in this link: Student Supplies
Questions and concerns about the trip can be addressed to Karen Veches @ email@example.com or 952-955-0441